Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quilt Show on Vashon

If you live in the Vashon Island/Seattle/Tacoma/King County/Kitsap/Puget Sound neighborhood, or just want to take a nice excursion to a lovely Puget Sound Island (complete with a fun ferry ride out of Fauntleroy, West Seattle - or Point Defiance, Tacoma - or Southworth on the Kitsap Peninsula), then come over this weekend to the

Vashon Quilt Guild's quilt show, "Life in Stitches".

I'm on the committee, so I've seen the quilts coming in, and they are pretty fabulous.

And, I'm right now putting the final stitches in my first ever quilt - designed (with a little guidance from Kaffe Fassett), assembled, quilted (after several classes and much sampling), and finished by me (and it only took me 2 years! Yikes!) - which will be in the show (the quilt will, not me, though I'll be there taking a docent shift)! AND, if you come out on Saturday, you can vote for the people's choice award (hint, hint, nudge, nudge)! No photos til after the show (you have to come out to see it), so hope to see you this weekend!

Show is at the High School Gym (right off the main hwy, down at 204th SW) from 10AM to 4PM Saturday June 25 and Sunday June 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment